Sunday, January 08, 2017

The Butterfly (and harnessing the power of Chaos)




This is our Butterfly that has resided on the front of our house for a few years now.

You might think it is purely decoration, but it has an alternate purpose (for me anyway).

Have you heard of (Random) Chaos Theory? A common analogy is of a butterfly flapping its wings in the Amazon causing a series of events that culminate in a Cyclone/Hurricane on the other side of the globe.

Well my theory is Harnessed Chaos , whereby I am harnessing the Chaotic Powers of the Butterfly to achieve a set goal. For example, I will snap my fingers in the kitchen to alert/wake up the butterfly and it will flap its wings to start the chain of events needed to make the kettle finish boiling and trip off so I can make my Coffee. Or I snap my fingers to alert it to the fact that my web page hasn't finished loading...



Other theories I have previously published:

http://pittsy.blogspot.com.au/2005/12/gravity.html

http://pittsy.blogspot.com.au/2005/11/stuff.html






Geoff

No comments: