Sunday, September 10, 2006

I know how they feel now!

It has been said this week of Steve Irwins death, that children the globe over have felt his passing deeply, as he was a larger than life icon, seemingly immortal, idolised by the young ... well I must admit I was saddened by his passing but obviously not as much as some of the young'uns around here..I know of some kids who were too upset to go to school the following day after hearing the news...
But now after hearing of Peter Brocks passing I can truly relate to their feelings...I was a young lad when Brocky was in his heyday, and to me as a "car mad" boy he too was an invincible rolemodel. I remember fondly laying on the floor in front of the tele for hour after hour watching him race at "Bathurst", only leaving the room in the ad. breaks. I must admit I teared up when I saw the news article on Sky News, thinking this just cannot have happened!, not Brocky!, not"Peter Perfect"!, my most admired racing car driver of my youth!, my inspiration to be a good driver when I grew up.!!

Rest in Peace Steve and Peter, you will be sadly missed by all, may your legends live forever.

No comments: